The Faculty of Slovenian and International Studies Career Center (hereinafter KC FSIS) represents a point of contact between the faculty, its students, graduates and employers. The purpose of the career center is to create comprehensive support for students, both in their study and career paths, and thus enable them to successfully transition to employment.
The vision of the FSIS career center is to become a quality and efficient institution in the field of career development and counseling for young people and to become the main point of contact between students, graduates, the Faculty and employers. The mission of the FSIS career center is to enable young people an easy and high-quality transition to the labor market and to improve the connection between the economic and academic environment. With the help of additional education and counseling, KC FSIS strives to properly prepare students and graduates for their first job and tries to provide the public and private sectors with suitably qualified staff.
The purpose of KC FSIS is to create comprehensive support for students in their study as well as career path. It serves as a tool for a successful transition to the first job, as through numerous workshops, presentations of professions, individual testing and counseling, it raises students’ career awareness and offers them additional practical knowledge, thus providing employers with quality staff.
KC FSIS is also friendly to employers who are looking for staff for their companies. KC FSIS tries to cooperate with them as much as possible and take into account their needs on the labor market. Depending on the needs of employers, KC FSIS will try to direct students to the desired professions, as well as encourage successful students, advocate for their professional orientations and take care of their promotion within the given dimensions of the labor market.
KC FSIS offers a range of activities aimed at students, graduates and employers, thus striving to improve the integration of students into the labor market and increase the flexibility of their employment.
What does the Career Centre offer?
The Career Centre of the Faculty for Slovenian and International Studies offers various activities aimed at students, graduates and employers, aiming to improve the transition of students to the labour market and to increase the flexibility of their employment.
- individual or group career and study consulting and career plan preparation,
- personality testing of students,
- providing information about possibilities for formal and informal acquisition of additional competencies and experience,
- advising students with special needs.
- career workshops,
- soft skills training,
- lectures, seminars, workshops, round tables and other meetings and events aimed towards connecting the students with potential employers,
- presentation of employers at the Faculty,
- visits to the working environment of employers.
Providing information on:
- job vacancies at home and abroad and options for employment,
- summer schools,
- study programmes at home and abroad,
- options for practical training at home and abroad.
- with potential employers,
- with public employment services,
- with other agencies in the field of education,
- with other similar institutions.
Contact Information KC FSMŠ:
Head of Career Center: Nataša Kolavčič
Tel.: +386 5 338 44 06