The Faculty of Slovene and International Studies of the New University develops scientific research activity within the Institute of Slovene Studies. The Institute of Slovene Studies is entered in the register of research organizations at the Public Agency for Research of the Republic of Slovenia (ARRS). In accordance with the membership of the Faculty in the New University, the Institute also cooperates with the Scientific Research Centre of the New University.
The aim of the research work of the Institute of Slovene Studies is, in particular, to take care of the fundamental and applied development of the scientific fields of the Slovene studies. In recent years, the activities of the institute have been focused on the successful acquisition and implementation of the basic ARRS project, more intensive cooperation between the institute and the faculty, and the publication of the achieved results in the form of scientific articles and books.
In the academic year 2022/23, the Institute has three (3) researchers registered with the ARRS, who work in the field of Slovene studies and represent the interdisciplinary core of the scientific research work of the Institute:
- dr. Dejan Valentinčič, no. 36485, field of activity: law, national issue.
- dr. Ignacija Fridl Jarc, no. 22236, field of activity: philosophy.
- dr. Polona Tratnik, no. 29337, field of activity: philosophy.
- dr. Manca Erzetič, no. 37533, field of activity: philosophy, interdisciplinary research.
Basic information about the Institute of Slovene Studies:
- Registration number: 3270-001 – from ARRS records
- Research organization: Nova University, Faculty of Slovenian and International Studies
- Research group – research activity: 5:00 a.m. Social studies, 6:00 a.m. Humanities
- Head of the research group: Dr. Dejan Valentinčič
- ARRS projects: A culture of remembering the building blocks of the Slovenian nation and country